Sunday, December 25, 2016

Mixed Grill – III


Here [we] go again – Paraphrase of (then) candidate Ronald Reagan (October 23, 1980).

Well. Not exactly. The format may be like what I've published before, but the content is a little different. It's a way of emptying my files of individual lines (or more) that I entered on my computer, but for which I have no particular use. So you're the patsy. Quotes, puns, and other waste matter. Give it its due – whatever that is.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I want you to remember, that no poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it, by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.— George S. Patton Jr. (War As I Knew It)

Kitsch Cabinet – Modern presidential advisory body chosen for public relations benefits

Hairy Plotter – J. K. Rowling villain with dread locks

Entry forbidden – No entry – Statute enforced by SVU

Sub-four minute miles – These are the times that try men's soles

Fear The(e) Well – Latest Stephen King novel – (Deep)

We're all corrected – Theme song of Sing-Sing Singers

New York Minus – The recent passing of Mary Ann Madden – A real loss.

This is the winter of our discontent – New York, 1947 – Rio, July

Internet shredder – For those incriminating e-mails

Self-driving cars – So you can text while driving

Does “get a life” have fewer than 140 characters?

Bell, Book and Scandal – Witch? Bitch? Never learned to spell.

I. E. – Latin, id est 1856 – Freud born

A few good men – A small minority of Marines

Money Burns A Hole In My Pocket – So I'll use it to buy e-cigarettes

Whither thou goest, I will go – Mr. Keen, Tracer of Lost Persons

I regret that I have only one life to lose for my country – Even worse, I regret that it's not yours – Nathan Hale

Keep the home fires burning (not) – California, Summer, 2016


Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla Walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,
Swaller dollar cauliflower alley-garoo!

Don't we know archaic barrel
Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou?
Trolley Molly don't love Harold,
Boola boola Pensacoola hullabaloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Polly wolly cracker 'n' too-da-loo!
Donkey Bonny brays a carol,
Antelope Cantaloupe, 'lope with you!

Hunky Dory's pop is lolly gaggin' on the wagon,
Willy, folly go through!
Chollie's collie barks at Barrow,
Harum scarum five alarm bung-a-loo!

Dunk us all in bowls of barley,
Hinky dinky dink an' polly voo!
Chilly Filly's name is Chollie,
Chollie Filly's jolly chilly view halloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Double-bubble, toyland trouble! Woof, woof, woof!
Tizzy seas on melon collie!
Dibble-dabble, scribble-scrabble! Goof, goof, goof!
                           Pogo Possum (Walt Kelly) 

Distracted Diving – The new waterproof iPhone will allow texting while snorkeling

Happy Hanukkah






No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you agree, but you can leave comments anyway.