Sunday, June 10, 2018

Mixed Grill XXV




Ready or not, here I come. Of course I have to be careful. As Steven Wright said, “The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” I suspect this means that the plagiarist gets the credit, so here I go.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





Soy, soy, rice – Vegan alternative to Duck, Duck, Goose



Hersterectomy – Feminist version of womb surgery



More bars in more places – New motto of the federal prison system



There's one born every minute – Mumbai Lying-In Hospital



Holy Missal – The Vatican's most powerful weapon



Whore's Feathers – Stripper's Costume



Lucy's Help Section

Q. I just spotted Elvis Presley and told my wife. But she and her sister laughed at me, said he was dead, and it must have been a doppelgänger. I don't like the two of them ganging up on me. Is Elvis still alive, and, if so, where?

A. Elvis's double died. Not the King himself. The same thing happened in the JFK case. Lee Harvey Oswald is still alive but Jack Ruby shot someone who looked like him. By the way, JFK is alive as well and, to answer your question, he's living with Elvis on a grassy knoll in Idaho. And whoever considers either of them a doppelgänger is likely to get it in the umlaut.



Kansas in August – Pitch of the National Corn Growers Association all year around



High-wire walkers – The Wallendas couldn't afford the internet



The Greatest Story Ever Told – On the Origin of the Specious



Forty days and forty knights – Noah, a long orgy, and a round table



Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause – And if you go back to bed I'll show you what he brought for you



Word series – The writing of James Joyce



Whisper while you work – Librarians' code



Bibleheads – Religious dashboard decorations



Bali High – Secondary education in Denpasar



He or She – Not “they”



Spot at red light – If there ain't no fuzz around, don't waste your time



Person of the cloth – One who would convince you to take things at faith value



River Slide – Attraction at new water park. Check your Magnum.



Hare today, gone tomorrow – I'll get that pesky wabbit



Three's a crowd – But a full house is even more crowded



Darn the torpedoes – Thomas and Henrietta, if they had lived until Mobile



Whenever I feel the urge to exercise I lie down until it goes away (attributed to Mark Twain but, according to Snopes, he didn't say it. Whoever said it, however, it's wise advice)





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





More to come – like it or not.









March 19, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you agree, but you can leave comments anyway.