Sunday, July 8, 2018

Mixed Grill XXVIII




It never ends. My bad. I suspect you agree.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





The king is dead. Long live the king – Alternative versions of the Elvis saga



What ho. The grad – Time to buy another used car



Gun rights advocate” – Hate speech by some



Wearing your hate on your sleeve – Pacifists' new creed. Ditto moralists and other protesters



My funeral – Wouldn't miss it



Checkmate – Pen or typewriter



Facebook – Frontal lobe vanquisher and major cause of blindness



Self-driving cars – Smarter than most drivers



The Puritans nobly fled from a land of despotism to a land of freedim [sic], where they could not only enjoy their own religion, but could prevent everybody else from enjoyin [sic] his. (Artemis Ward)



The year of too much writing – Every year (my writing excluded)



Where's Carmen Santiago? She seems to have disappeared



Rube Goldberg – Disoverer of chaos theory



Maid in the shade – No comment



If you can read this you're too close – And you're wise not to try anyway



Fit to be tie dyed– A good remedy for stained items



People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. (SΓΈren Kierkegaard)



Can you top this – It used to be feature of radio. Now we need to stop almost everything.



The picture of health – Nutritionists' text. Science fiction. Graphic novel. Mostly novel



Let's turn out the lights and go to sleep – Or find something else to do



Four Freedoms – Freedom to shoot my mouth off, Freedom get whatever I want (it's all about me), Freedom to silence whoever offends me, Freedom to violate law of which I don't approve



Erin go broke – The Irish economy isn't exactly flourishing



Give me liberty or give me death (Socrates – Sir Oracle translation)



Bach to basics – The Well Tempered Clavichord



Random killing – Proof of quantum theory however sad it may be



One thing leads to another – Watch out for things



If you can't stand the heat – Better not go to Hell



Turn the other cheek – Moon from another angle



The ties that blind all men – Unless they wear zoot suits





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





My worse. But just wait. The worst is yet to come.








April 5, 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you agree, but you can leave comments anyway.