Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Mixed Grill XXXVII



It strikes me that some of my references – those from my youth – may not be familiar to some of my readers who may be puzzled. Hard cheese.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EIEIO – Snippet from Old McDonald's eye chart

Where's the beef? – Clara had too much bourguignon

My dog has freas – It's a Shiba Inu

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times – Before and after an anticipated election victory

Death row – Battle over capital punishment

Don't put the gold in your pocket – Dirty money can infect you. Spend it

Double Dutch – Jumping over a dike

Sushi – Japanese for "practical joke"

Down by the riverside – We picnicked on roast goose

A chicken in every port – The pusillanimous are everywhere

You take the high road – I'm a poltician

Praise the Lord and pass – The best moves when your hand's a bust

Illegal immigrants -- Who let in the Spanish fly?

Saint Jones – Make a holy man of the Emperor

Why for two cents ... -- I wouldn't do anything. Inflation and all that. Now it's a dollar for your thoughts

Tokyo Rose – But ultimately fell

The whole nine yards – What my dog fertilizes on my block

Top Seed – Defeated by an abused child

Brook of knowledge – It's a river at the University of Arizona

Let the dames begin – The old Miss America contest. Now we're more PC

Fake the best of it – News nowadays

CuisiArt – Perfect for macerated squid. Eat at your own risk

I like garlic – But for some, thyme is of the essence

Black is the color of my true love – Stokely Carmichael's view

Cockeyed optometrist – Oscar Hammerstein II lacked vision

23 Skidoo – Get your snowmobile out of here

Buckle down Winsocki – At least close your jersey and pull up your pants

Tell me about it – But don't expect any sympathy. I'm worse off

Good for nothing – There is such a thing as a free lunch

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Goodbye. I have better things to do.





June 20, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you agree, but you can leave comments anyway.